Natural Gourmet Institute’s Chef’s Training Program is rooted in the belief that food should be: seasonal, local, whole, fresh, traditional, balanced, and above all DELICIOUS. Founded over 35 years ago by Annemarie Colbin, Ph.D., NGI continues to be an industry leader, with graduates going on to become chefs, innovators, entrepreneurs, and industry influencers.
- Learn culinary technique in the heart of one of the most exciting cities in the world
- Build a foundation in seasonal, local, health-supportive cooking
- Strengthen your understanding of the holistic connection between food and health
- Expand your knowledge with interdisciplinary coursework in nutrition, whole foods, entrepreneurship and more
- Train in small classes for maximum hands-on learning
- Receive training from professional Chef-Instructors with years of culinary experience
- Gain access to externships in top restaurants
- Take advantage of lifetime career services and alumni support
Natural Gourmet Institute's Chef's Training Program is licensed by the State of New York and accredited by ACCET
Natural Gourmet Institute’s Public Class Program makes our vast culinary and health knowledge available to the general public through a wide variety of exciting, cutting-edge cooking classes and lectures. Taught by accomplished chefs, experts and industry leaders, our classes will inspire you and expand your culinary horizons. We cater to novices, experienced cooks, and everyone in between.
- Discover the joy of healthy cooking
- Create delicious, balanced and healthful meals
- Cook with high-quality, organic and sustainable ingredients
- Meet like-minded people
- Have fun (an essential nutrient)!
On Friday night, the school is transformed into an intimate dining room, where NGI’s Chef’s Training Program students and instructors prepare a three course vegetarian Friday Night Dinner that is innovative, delicious and beautifully presented. Take Friday Night Dinner to the next level and book the private event space.